Non-Clinical PrEP Information Centers
- LGBT Community Center of Greater Cleveland
- Recovery Resources
- Planned Parenthood locations:
Cleveland Health Center, 7997 Euclid Ave, Cleveland 44103; 216-851-1880
Old Brooklyn Health Center, 3311 Broadview Rd, Cleveland 44109; 216-661-0400
Bedford Heights Health Center, 25350 Rockside Rd, Bedford Hts 44146; 440-232-8381
PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) has shown to be an effective HIV prevention strategy for people who are at risk for HIV infection. In 2012, the US FDA approved the first anti-HIV medicine for PrEP, Truvada, which may be prescribed as PrEP by any doctor, nurse or physician assistant. If you do not have a primary physician or would prefer not to discuss PrEP with him or her, the following healthcare providers accept patients to receive PrEP.
Your choice of providers may be restricted based on your insurance/non-insurance coverage. For those without insurance, the maker of Truvada, Gilead Sciences, has a patient assistance program to help in obtaining the medicine.
Please contact the local PrEP providers below with questions you may have (click blue hotlinks for websites).
- Care Alliance Health Center, 1530 St. Clair Ave, Cleveland.
- Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland. Contact 216-444-2273.
- Cuyahoga County Board of Health Title X Family Planning Clinic, 5550 Venture Dr, Parma. Contact Elle Heeg, MN, RN at 216-201-2077. Also on Facebook.
- Circle Health Services (fka Free Clinic), 12201 Euclid Ave, Cleveland.
Contact Brenda Glass at 216-707-3452 or Marie Torres at 216-707-3430.
- University Hospitals PrEP Clinic, 2061 Cornell Rd, Cleveland. Contact Carolyn Williams at 216-844-2649.
- Veterans Administration Hospital (provided to qualifying veterans), Louis Stokes VA Medical Center, 10701 East Blvd, Cleveland. Contact Jan Briggs, NP-C at 216-791-3800 x4773, or Dr. Marion Skalweit at x4682.
- MetroHealth Medical Center, 2500 MetroHealth Dr, Cleveland. 216-778-8305.
- MetroHealth LGBT Pride Clinic at McCafferty, 4242 Lorain Ave, Cleveland. 216-957-4848.
- Natalie Hinchcliffe, 2500 MetroHealth Dr, Cleveland. 216-778-5731.
- J. Glen Smith Health Center, 11100 St. Clair Ave, Cleveland. 216-664-7095.
- T.F. McCafferty Health Center, 4242 Lorain Ave, Cleveland. 216-664-6603.
- Dr. Joel David, 1611 S Green Rd #160, South Euclid. 216-297-2084.
- Dr. Daniel Fleksher, 23250 Mercantile Rd Suite 130, Beachwood. 216-464-7878.
- Dr. James Hekman, 16215 Madison Ave, Lakewood. Contact Peggy Gallagher RN at 216-521-4400.
- Dr. Oluwatoyin Opelami, 10 Severance Circle, Cleveland Heights. 216-524-7377.
- Dr. Atsuko Yamahiro, 10 Severance Circle, Cleveland Heights. 216-524-7377.
- Neighborhood Family Practice / Tremont CHC, 2358 Professor Ave, Cleveland. Contact Chad Garven at 216-334-2800.
- Neighborhood Family Practice / Ridge CHC, 3569 Ridge Rd, Cleveland. Contact Chad Garven at 216-281-0872.
- Neighborhood Family Practice / W117 CHC, 11709 Lorain Ave, Cleveland. Contact Melanie Golembiewski at 216-367-1004.
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation, 2829 Euclid Ave, Cleveland. Contact Erica Shields at 216-357-3131.
- Northeast Ohio Neighborhood Health Services, Inc. (NEON)
NEON Collinwood Health Center, 15322 St. Clair Ave, Cleveland. 216-851-1500.
NEON East Cleveland Health Center, 15201 Euclid Ave, Cleveland. 216-541-5600.
NEON Hough Health Center, 8300 Hough Ave, Cleveland. 216-231-7700.
NEON Miles Broadway Health Center, 9127 Miles Ave, Cleveland. 216-325-6544.
NEON Norwood Health Center, 1468 East 55th St, Cleveland. 216-881-2000.
NEON Southeast Health Center, 13301 Miles Ave, Cleveland. 216-751-3100.
NEON Superior Health Center, 15201 Superior Ave, Cleveland. 216-851-2600.
- Walgreens Healthcare Clinic, 127 E. Pleasant Valley Rd, Seven Hills. 855-925-4733.
- Walgreens Healthcare Clinic, 6270 SOM Center Rd, Solon. 855-925-4733.
- Walgreens Healthcare Clinic, 9400 Mentor Ave, Mentor. 855-925-4733.
- Walgreens Healthcare Clinic, 2645 State Rd, Cuyahoga Falls. 855-925-4733.
- Walgreens Healthcare Clinic, 900 Wooster Rd N, Barberton. 855-925-4733.
- Walgreens Healthcare Clinic, 805 N Court St, Medina. 855-925-4733.
- Walgreens Healthcare Clinic, 100 Cleveland St, Elyria. 855-925-4733.
- Walgreens Healthcare Clinic, 5411 Leavitt Rd, Lorain. 855-925-4733.
- Family Planning Services of Lorain County, 602 Leona St, Elyria. 440-322-7526.
- Dr. Olusegun Ogunlesi, Axelix Health Consulting, Inc., Mentor/Geneva/Ashtabula. 440-867-4800.
- Dr. Rita Abbud and Dr. Niyati Sheth, Mercy Health Lorain Infectious Disease, 221 W 21st St #1, Lorain. 440-233-0138.
- Dr. Jessica Castonquay DO, Dr. Crystal Cole MD, Dr. Stephen Sondike MD, Akron Children’s Hospital, One Perkins Sq, Akron. 330-543-8538.
PrEP/PEP specialty pharmacies / patient assistance:
- Walgreens Healthcare Clinic, 10001 Chester Ave, Cleveland. 216-416-7680
- Walgreens Healthcare Clinic, 11701 Detroit Ave, Lakewood. 216-227-0819
- Walgreens Healthcare Clinic, 3415 Clark Ave, Cleveland. 216-651-0212
- Community, a Walgreens Pharmacy, 375 S Main St, Akron. 330-622-5396
- Walgreens, 6410 Broadway Ave, Cleveland. 216-883-0183
- Walgreens, 4071 Lee Rd, Cleveland. 216-56-1318.
- What is PrEP? (multiple resource links) whatisprep.org
- United States Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov/hiv/prevention/research/prep
- AVAC avac.org/prep/basics
- PrEP Facts page by San Francisco AIDS Foundation: prepfacts.org
- PrEP Facts moderated Facebook page: facebook.com/groups/PrEPFacts
- Help paying for Truvada as PrEP, if you do have insurance.
- Help paying for Truvada as PrEP, if you don’t have insurance.
- PrEP Education for Youth-Serving Primary Care Providers Toolkit.
If you have any questions about PrEP or would like to update information on this page please feel free to contact the Case Western Reserve University Clinical Trials Unit at email@example.com or 216-844-4444.
There are dozens of places around town to get a free & anonymous HIV test, and many of them use the newest rapid test. Enter your ZIP code here to find the closest location: www.hivtest.org
Outside of northeast Ohio?
Equitas Health (fka AIDS Resource Center) maintains a great PrEP website with PrEP basics, links to providers around the state, an FAQ page and a PrEP phone app.